1. We think outside the socks.
2. Affordable tickets. (And they fit well in stockings!)
3. Theatre and puppetry build community.
4. We add diversity to the theatre offerings in Richmond.
5. Puppets are cool.
6. Move children full STEAM ahead with puppetry.
7. Versatile and unique programming for special populations.
8. Puppetry is a 4-dimensional, synergistic theatrical form.
9. We navigate the tricky waters beyond the mainstream.
10. Puppetry can change lives. Really! We've seen it.
Heidi Rugg is a puppet artist, mom, maker of stuff, and the founder of Puppets Off-Broad Street. Her company, Barefoot Puppet Theatre, has toured all over the country. She lives in Richmond's Northside with her husband, Sam, two daughters as different as rain and ribbons, a cat named Moxie, a lizard named Pepper, and a legion of nameless dust-bunnies.
Christopher Hudert is a is a versatile artist whose skills include script writing, sculpting, set and puppet construction, puppetry, clowning, stilt walking, juggling and much more. His company, Applause Unlimited, has toured extensively. He lives in Lakeside with his family.